This is one of the questions that all architectural students face at one time or the other while deciding on a suitable place for training. It is also a very important question as the type and exposure received during the training will play an important role in developing the individual. So here are a few thoughts on the same –
ADVANTAGES OF SMALLER FIRMS
- The trainees usually have direct access to the chief architect. Will be able to observe closely how he works, which is one of the real purposes of training.
- Will be given more responsibilities in the office.
- Will be more involved in the design process, discussions etc and may even be given projects to handle.
- Will get a detailed idea of running an office, including administration, accounts keeping etc
- Trainees will have to do the drafting most often, which is good for the trainees, as they will be able to better understand design and detailing
- Trainees will have opportunity of interacting more with service consultants, structural consultants etc, hence gaining additional exposure
- There are more chances of being asked to work in the same office after graduation, if the trainee does good work
- Sometimes, trainees will get the opportunity to interact directly with the clients
ADVANTAGES OF LARGER FIRMS
- Will be exposed to larger scale of projects
- Often there will be thorough procedures and systems of work in place, which may be a lot more professional
- Larger firms tend to be better organised in terms of dedicated material libraries, databanks, resources etc
- Larger firms tend to stress more on presentation techniques. Will get more exposure to latest techniques of presentation, detailed 3D making etc.
- Larger firms tend to handle a lot more projects at a given time. Trainees will be able to understand effective delegation of work
- Larger firms tend to work for architectural competitions which can be interesting for the trainees.
DISADVANTAGES OF SMALLER FIRMS
- Some of the smaller firms tend to be more informal set ups and may not be professional enough
- May not have dedicated material libraries, resource banks etc
- Scale of work tends to be smaller to medium size projects
- Some of the firms may not get involved in architectural competitions
- Stipend may be less
DISADVANTAGES OF LARGER FIRMS
- Trainees might not get opportunity to interact with the chief architect, hence reducing the exposure to their thinking & philosophy
- Site exposure may be limited
- May not get adequate interaction with other consultants
- Level of responsibilities may be less
- Trainees may not get a good idea of the administrative functions, accounts etc.
Ultimately, there is no one type of office that is best. It all depends on what the individual trainee wants, what kind of exposure he is looking for. Thus, it is important to first decide on what an individual wants from the training period. Once that is clear, look for firms which suit your purposes. Always do detailed research early and finalise on your training place.
Have you ever wished that you had all the details of the best architecture firms in India to for internships? Especially today, when the competition to get into those few vacancies in those good firms is really intense?
Ever wished that you had a single source which gave you the contact details of the best architecture firms in India, as well as brief information on their style and philosophy and a summary on why you should intern in a particular firm?
Well then, look no further!
‘TOP 100 ARCHITECTURE FIRMS FOR INTERNSHIP in INDIA’ is here!
This single resource gives you the details of the Top 100 firms in the country, as well as their contact details. This list will save you hours of doing futile research on the net and also the contact details at your fingertips! You can choose the firms in your city of choice
So say goodbye to uncertainty and hours of hard work. This list will make your life so much easier and will help you get into that coveted internship position or even that first job that you are looking for!
So wait no more.
Order your copy of ‘TOP 100 ARCHITECTURE FIRMS FOR INTERNSHIP in INDIA’ today!
Mail me at email@example.com for more details.PREPARATION OF AN ARCHITECTURE PORTFOLIO
I have been receiving a lot of requests from students for details on HOW TO PREPARE A GOOD ARCHITECTURE PORTFOLIO.
Taking this into consideration, I have compiled a detailed booklet on how to create a great portfolio, which will guide you through the detailed process, including identification of materials, ideal layouts, graphics and rendering styles, text placements, photographing your models....an exhaustive list which will guide you step by step.
You can now avail this great resource for creating your best portfolio, which is essential in this highly competitive age - either to get into good firms for internships, applying for your masters or for getting that coveted job.
Get full access to 'How to prepare an Architecture Portfolio' !!!
So go ahead and mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to order today!
To learn more about preparing a great architectural portfolio, check out ‘Preparing an architecture portfolio - Dos and don't's - by Ar.Sujith.G.S’
Post a Comment