- ‘All material in nature, the mountains and the streams and the air and we, are made of Light which has been spent, and this crumpled mass called material casts a shadow and the shadow belongs to Light’
- ‘A great building must begin with the unmeasurable, must go through measurable means when it is being designed and in the end must be unmeasurable.’
- ‘Consider the momentous event in architecture when the wall parted and the column became.’
- ‘The nature of space reflects what it wants to be.’
- ‘The sun never knew how great it was until it struck the side of a building.’
- ‘To express is to drive. And when you want to give something presence, you have to consult nature. And there is where Design comes in. And if you think of Brick, for instance, and you say to Brick, ‘What do you want Brick?’ And Brick says to you ‘I like an Arch.’ And if you say to Brick ‘Look, arches are expensive, and I can use a concrete lintel over you. What do you think of that?’ ‘Brick says:’...I like an Arch.’
- ‘A city is a place where a small boy, as he walks through it, may see something that will tell him what he wants to do his whole life.’
- ‘One might feel that only persons who are in flight from themselves, who need plaster and wall paper for their emotional security, can be uncomfortable in this building...In its spaces there is no room for the interior decorator.’ – Kahn on Yale Art Gallery.
- ‘Architectural interpretations accepted without reflection could obscure the search for signs of a true nature and a higher order.’
- ‘The school and the dormitories are a unit, like a monastery. Corridors are avoided by having deep porches, off all the dormitory rooms, where tea is served and things are discussed. The school is around a court which has in it an amphitheatre. Everything here is planned around the idea of meeting.’ – Kahn on IIM – Ahmedabad.
PREPARATION OF AN ARCHITECTURE PORTFOLIO
I have been receiving a lot of requests from students for details on HOW TO PREPARE A GOOD ARCHITECTURE PORTFOLIO.
Taking this into consideration, I have compiled a detailed booklet on how to create a great portfolio, which will guide you through the detailed process, including identification of materials, ideal layouts, graphics and rendering styles, text placements, photographing your models....an exhaustive list which will guide you step by step.
You can now avail this great resource for creating your best portfolio, which is essential in this highly competitive age - either to get into good firms for internships, applying for your masters or for getting that coveted job.
Get full access to 'How to prepare an Architecture Portfolio' at just Rs.250 !!!
So go ahead and mail me at email@example.com to order today!